We are seeking a talented Art Director to join us at our office in Copenhagen. The role sits within the Studio and as part of Tekla’s creative team. The purpose of this team is to execute on the creative concepts, defined by the Creative Lead. Working in the intersection between Creative and Commercial, the team collaborates closely with the Creative leads, Design and Marketing on presenting the products and bringing compelling storytelling to Tekla’s customers and community.
The Art Director must deliver strong and original concepts that balance our customer-driven ambitions of the commercial teams with our sensitive work on brand essence. In practice, this means having the commercial expectations in mind when executing on photoshoots, as the daily work will mainly be focused around the creation of campaigns, lookbooks and various creative projects.
A key responsibility of the Art Director is to drive the content creation for all digital touchpoints, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. We expect the role to deliver powerful concepts that work across all platforms, and own projects from start to finish, where assets are distributed to the wider team.
Another significant responsibility is to drive research and creative ideations, to be presented to the Creative Lead. This includes concepts, mood, locations, photographers, talent, specific content and roll-out ideas and more. This position reports directly to the Head of Creative Operations, with a dotted line to the Creative Lead.
Ultimately, the Art Director is responsible for the quality of concepts, experiences and assets while being hands-on in creative development, art direction and execution of content.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Work alongside the Creative Lead to drive exceptional conceptual thinking and execution for campaigns and projects in line with the brand voice and guidelines
– Development of Tekla’s visual language in everything from campaigns to lookbooks, packshots and video
– Conduct and drive research on all development of Tekla’s visual identity
– Drive the creative concept and execution of lookbook and packshots
– Play a key role in the production of the concepts defined by Creative Lead and according to marketings’s handover
– Create roll-out plans accordingly to Marketing briefs and calendar
– Oversee asset finalisation
– File preparation and management - ensure all work is filed and easily accessible as archives when required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
– Relevant experience for a well-renowned brand
– A proven ability to develop and competently present ideas that inspire and generate enthusiasm
– Comprehensive cultural knowledge and able to bridge these opportunities to Tekla and our projects
– Ability to work calmly under pressure, proactively communicate, and meet tight daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
– A portfolio / showreel in English that demonstrates both excellence in aesthetics and knowledge across all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, copy etc.)
– Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, a collaborative mindset in general
– Must be able to direct photographers, producers, directors, and other creatives as needed
– Display professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client building
– Excellent verbal and visual communication skills; adept at presenting and building enthusiasm for creative work
To apply, please send your resume and examples of your work in English to firstname.lastname@example.org - applications without portfolios or work samples won’t be considered.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and we are looking for talented individuals to join us. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
We are always looking to connect with curious and passionate individuals. If you feel that you have something exciting to offer, please don't hesitate to send your resume to email@example.com, telling us why you want to work at Tekla and what you’d like to do.
If there is an opening that matches your skills and qualifications, we will contact you.
By submitting your application, you consent to Tekla processing and storing your personal data for up to 24 months for recruitment purposes unless we receive a request for erasure of your data.